COG is now accepting applications for the Measure G Citizens Oversight Committee.
About the Committee
The responsibilities of the 11-member Measure G Citizens Oversight Committee are to:
- Ensure all transportation revenue collected from Measure G is spent in accordance with the Measure G Transportation Safety and Investment Plan (Ordinance and Expenditure Plan);
- Have full access to the COG’s independent auditor and review the annual audits, have the authority to request and review the specific financial information;
- Provide input on the audit to assure the funds are being expended in accordance with the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan;
- Review and make recommendations on any proposed changes to the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan;
- Review and comment on the project delivery schedules and make recommendations to COG on any proposals for changing project delivery priorities; and
- Prepare annual reports regarding the administration of the program, to be presented to the COG Board of Directors and posted to the COG’s website
The Measure G Citizens Oversight Committee will be appointed by the COG Board of Directors.
The terms for the committee members will begin July 1, 2019. The representatives will serve staggered two-year terms and can be reappointed. The Committee will meet up to four times a year. This is a volunteer position and no compensation will be paid to members.
The Committee will consist of San Benito County residents that represent the geographical, social, cultural, and economic diversity of the County to ensure maximum benefit for transportation users. Elected officials of any government and employees from any agency or organization that either oversees or benefits from the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan are not eligible to serve.
The application is available HERE. Applications are due April 30, 2019 by 5 p.m.
For more information, please contact Veronica Lezama, COG TRansportation Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (831) 637-7665, ext. 204