Improving Mobility in San Benito County
Widen Highway 25 to reduce traffic congestion.
Local Road Improvement
Maintain local roads, repair potholes, and improve traffic flow.
Bike, Pedestrian & Public Transit
Improve bicycle & pedestrian safety, bus services for seniors, people with disabilities, and youth.
County of San Benito
City of Hollister
Project updates coming soon.
City of San Juan Bautista
Project photos courtesy of BenitoLink
Citizens Oversight Committee
Committee meeting agendas can be accessed at the following link.
About the Committee
- Ensure all transportation revenue collected from Measure G is spent in accordance with the Measure G Transportation Safety and Investment Plan (Ordinance and Expenditure Plan);
- Have full access to the COG’s independent auditor and review the annual audits, have the authority to request and review the specific financial information;
- Provide input on the audit to assure the funds are being expended in accordance with the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan;
- Review and make recommendations on any proposed changes to the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan;
- Review and comment on the project delivery schedules and make recommendations to COG on any proposals for changing project delivery priorities; and
- Prepare annual reports regarding the administration of the program, to be presented to the COG Board of Directors and posted to the COG’s website.
- Darlene Boyd – Education
- John Eade – Agriculture
- Victor Gomez – Latinx Community (Committee Chair)
- Al Gonzales – Trade/Labor
- Judi Johnson – Senior/Disabled Community (Committee Vice-Chair)
- Jose Mario Ortega – Industry
- Tim Burns – SBC District 1
- Hamdy Abbass – SBC District 2
- Sandy Hughes – SBC District 3
- Kevin Stopper – SBC District 4
- Andrew Rollins – SBC District 5
Left to right: Front row: Sandy Hughes, Darlene Boyd, Judi Johnson.
Back Row: Kevin Stopper, Al Gonzales, Andrew Rollins, Jose Mario Ortega, John Eade, Victor Gomez, and Hamdy Abbass.
Tim Burns, not shown in the photo.
Currently there is one open position for the Committee in District 1. Interested individuals can submit an application. The representatives will serve staggered two‐year terms and can be reappointed. The Committee will meet at least once, but no more than four times per year. This is a volunteer position and members will not be compensated.
For more information on the Measure G Transportation Safety and Investment Plan Oversight Committee, please contact Veronica Lezama, COG Transportation Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (831) 637-7665, ext. 204
About Measure G
The investments proposed are reflective of the Council of Governments’ policy goals as well as the suggestions expressed by interested community groups, policy makers, partner agencies, stakeholders and the public. We heard a need for local roadway maintenance, improvements to State Route 25, as well as a desire for healthier, more walkable and bike‐friendly community. Community members also emphasized the importance of transportation to support the economic vitality of the region.
The Roads and Transportation Safety Investment Plan details the most pressing needs and a prudent solution to address them.
The Council of San Benito County Governments (COG) is the County’s transportation planning agency. Our locally elected Board of Directors is composed of five members representing all areas of San Benito County, including the City of Hollister, the City of San Juan Bautista, and the unincorporated areas of San Benito County including Aromas, Ridgemark, Tres Pinos, and others. Both the COG Board and Staff are committed to maintaining and improving transportation for all of San Benito County. COG provides a public forum for discussion at its monthly meetings and through public participation opportunities in all of its planning efforts.