Measure G is COG Ordinance 2018-01 and the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan approved by San Benito County voters on November 6, 2018. The measure is a one cent local transactions and use tax to be collected for 30 years to improve our local streets and roads, improve connectivity, and reduce congestion. Measure G calls for a Transportation Safety and Investment Plan Oversight Committee to be composed of San Benito County citizens to oversee compliance with the Ordinance.
Committee meeting agendas can be accessed at the following link.
About the Committee
The responsibilities of the 11-member Committee are to:
- Ensure all transportation revenue collected from Measure G is spent in accordance with the Measure G Transportation Safety and Investment Plan (Ordinance and Expenditure Plan);
- Have full access to the COG’s independent auditor and review the annual audits, have the authority to request and review the specific financial information;
- Provide input on the audit to assure the funds are being expended in accordance with the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan;
- Review and make recommendations on any proposed changes to the Transportation Safety and Investment Plan;
- Review and comment on the project delivery schedules and make recommendations to COG on any proposals for changing project delivery priorities; and
- Prepare annual reports regarding the administration of the program, to be presented to the COG Board of Directors and posted to the COG’s website.
The Oversight Committee will consist of San Benito County residents that represent the geographical, social, cultural, and economic diversity of the County to ensure maximum benefit for transportation users.
- Darlene Boyd – Education
- John Eade – Agriculture
- Victor Gomez – Latinx Community (Committee Chair)
- Al Gonzales – Trade/Labor
- Judi Johnson – Senior/Disabled Community (Committee Vice-Chair)
- Jose Mario Ortega – Industry
- Tim Burns – SBC District 1
- Hamdy Abbass – SBC District 2
- Sandy Hughes – SBC District 3
- Kevin Stopper – SBC District 4
- Andrew Rollins – SBC District 5
Left to right: Front row: Sandy Hughes, Darlene Boyd, Judi Johnson. Back Row: Kevin Stopper, Al Gonzales, Andrew Rollins, Jose Mario Ortega, John Eade, Victor Gomez, and Hamdy Abbass. Tim Burns, not shown in the photo.
Please note, there are currently no open positions for the Committee. Interested individuals can submit an application to be placed on a list for future consideration. The representatives will serve staggered two‐year terms and can be reappointed. The Committee will meet at least once, but no more than four times per year. This is a volunteer position and members will not be compensated.
For more information on the Measure G Transportation Safety and Investment Plan Oversight Committee please contact Veronica Lezama, COG Transportation Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (831) 637-7665, ext. 204